Izmir which is the largest city in the Turkish Aegean has received full support from Turkish FM Davutoğlu for its EXPO 2020 candidacy. Turkish FM who attended a dinner hosted by Izmir Governor Cahit KIRAC said that they extended full support to the western province of Izmir's candidacy to host EXPO 2020. Davutoglu said Izmir was the economic and cultural center of its region and asked Turkish ambassadors to ...
Turkish women hold placards and chant slogans as they protest against the government's plan to reduce the time limit for abortions, on June 8, 2012, in Istanbul. A majority of Turks oppose a ban on abortion as the Islamist-rooted government moves to try and limit the practice, according to a survey published Monday. A total of 55.5 percent said they opposed a ban, while the remaining 44.5 percent were for i ...Read more ›
Foreign doctors to be recruited under new health legislation, but problems still persist Amendments to Ministry of Health legislation that allow private hospitals to recruit foreign doctors to reduce the shortage of doctors in Turkey came into force last Sunday. In an interview with Sunday’s Zaman, Nijat Alishev -- a physician assistant from Azerbaijan who specializes in radiology and works at the Istanbul ...Read more ›
Doctors present a report to Parliament and ask for a constitutional guarantee for abortion. The report says every 8 minutes a woman diedsdue to an unsafe abortion Following the Turkish government’s recent initiative to legally restrict or ban abortion, a group of scientists have presented a report to Parliament asking for a “constitutional guarantee for abortion.” The Turkish Society of Obstetrics and Gynec ...Read more ›